Saturday, May 17, 2008

BACK FROM THE DEAD

A lot of interesting things have happened since my last post;
• I turned 20
• I co-designed a shirt for a band
• I've been working on two new zines
• I've been slowly working on a possible album cover for a band
• I got a new bike


_______________

I turned 20 on April the 20th. I had a cream soda/ root beer kegger complete with Virgil's all natural mini-party kegs. You can find them at some health food stores like whole foods, I suggest getting one, or nine like I did.


________________

A good friend and talented artist who has been in the second issue of Vomitorium, Brent Parker, was asked along with me to create a t-shirt design for a local death metal band that consists of some of our best friends whom we've grown up with in the dallas/ft.worth metroplex. Here is what we came up with:



I will post a link with some info on how to get one if you are interested when they are done being printed, in the mean time check them out if you are interested: SILENE

________________

I've come a long way with my zine project. I didn't think it would last long or think people would be interested, but i'm working on no.4 right now. This next one will probably be printed "professionally" through an actual printer if I can get some people interested in advertising.

You can purchase the few remaining copies of Vomitorium No.2 through OINK or GORILLAMART. once they are gone they are gone until I print up a collection of the first handful of editions into one book, which won't be for a couple years... it's on sale at both sites.

Issue no.3 is available through the VOMITORIUM MYSPACE for $5.

Shirts are also still available there. They are limited to 100 printed.

And lastly I am putting together a zine with 2 new works of art by every artist and for sure future artists to be compiled and given to our closest friends/family/supporters. They will be very limited, probably 10-15.

_______________

I got a new bike, its a fixed gear. Call me hipster I guess. My friend made it.


_______________

Have a good day/night.