Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Zeitgeist

Last Sunday I went and saw the Smashing Pumpkins. It was the first "show" or "concert" i've been to since I saw the locust a long time ago. It felt weird to be in a huge venue. But anyways it was a great show and something I would have loved to have seen sooner. I grew up secretly listening to the Smashing Pumpkins since my parents highly discouraged "rock" music. I remember sitting on my grandma's bed having to watch MTV on her tiny 10 inch cathode ray t.v. with a huge antenna. I remember perfectly the first time I heard/watched the video for 1979 when I was about 8 years old and how badly i wanted to go out and buy that CD. Too bad I was 8.

Anyways, I went with an old friend that I haven't seen in a while and my girlfriend, and another friend of ours who also liked the Pumpkins when he was a kid. They played for probably 2 hours plus and they played a lot of old material which made it memorable. I would post the setlist, but they havent put it on their website yet.

There are some great photos and a review of the show HERE by Laura Seewoester




- photos by LAURA SEEWOESTER